Hey guys, today I want to give you a tutorial on how to make jeans backpack from old jeans in our home. It is a step by step process. Please follow the steps to make a wonderful jeans backpack of your own.
- Old Jeans
- Dotted fabric
- Rayon napkin
- Sewing machine or needle and threads
- Fabric glue
- Fabric chalk
STEP BY STEP PROCESS TO MAKE JEANS BACKPACK:
- Take one old jeans and mark 23cm x 30cm at the middle-bottom part of the jeans and cut it properly for the backpack body.
- Then, take two 19 cm oval-shaped fabrics; one of rayon napkin and the other of jeans to make the base part of the backpack. Apply some fabric glue on both the oval-shaped fabrics and stick them over each other and let it dry with iron.
- Flip the cropped jeans inside out, then sew the oval-shaped fabrics to the bottom of the jeans.
- Now, unfold it and you find the front part of the backpack. Slightly fold and sew the edge of the open mouth of the jeans and also keep it fold both the sides of the jeans temporarily.
- Next, take two U-shaped fabrics; one dotted fabric and the other jeans fabric and stitch both the fabrics together coincide with each other by flipping them inside out and stick the open mouth by slightly folding the edges with a glue.
- Now, take that U-shaped sewed fabric at the upper back side of the jeans as a closure for the backpack.
- Then, stick the closure stickers at the middle front side of the jeans and both the sides of the jeans to close the backpack easily.
- Now, it’s time to make pouch for the backpack. Take a piece of rectangle-shaped same dotted cloth to make a pouch.
- Then, fold the edges of one opposite side of it and stick the zip between them again by flipping the fabric inside out for convenience.
- Stitch the other opposite side of that rectangle-shaped dotted fabric to get stitched from all the four sides and then unfold it to get in an original position.
- Now, stick the prepared pouch at the lower front side of the jeans.
- Finally, to make two straps for the backpack, take thin scraps of the jeans and slightly fold and sew it to look like real straps.
- Then, stick those prepared straps at the back side of the jeans as per your ease and comfort.
- Hurray! There you have your new and beautiful jeans backpack ready.